Featured Wedding: Mund + Raga Wedding





Among the many fantastic and fabulous weddings that I was able to take part in the year 2015, my sister's wedding was my favorite! Basically because blood is thicker than alcohol! My little sister got married on a beautiful Saturday afternoon of December 5, 2015 and we planned the entire wedding starting from the month of April of that same year. We had to plan that long because she and her fiance worked in the Middle East so both of them could not have planned their wedding hands on in the Philippines. It was indeed a great advantage on their part to have a sister who also happens to be a wedding planner. 




The Wedding Planning Process

My goal for her wedding was simple - the best wedding within their spending budget! As the wedding planning started, we put first things first - the booking of the church along with the required documents needed to book the date. The Catholic church do not allow booking of the wedding date without having the Interview with the Priest but because of their case, we promised the church that the first thing they would do upon arriving in the Philippines was to have the interview with the priest. So we were booked on the next available date that fell on a weekend to accommodate out of town guests to attend the wedding. 

As a seasoned wedding and events planner, I have had an endless list of wedding suppliers in Davao that I recommended to them. Like any of my clients, I pointed out the pros and cons of these wedding suppliers and the couple will have to decide which one fits them best. Among the list of my recommended wedding suppliers, we have come up with the best day ever - in the life of my little sister who is now a "misis" !!!



The BIG Wedding Day

December 5, 2015 was the day that the Lord had made for both of them to finally marry each other with God's blessings.


About ten (10) days before the wedding we sent out these beautiful formal invitations made by Amelie Khiene of Timeless Paper Ideas. The wedding motif was coral pink and she got it just perfect like that!








The day started with a warm sunshine waking up our lack of sleep consciousness. We picked The Pinnacle Hotel for the reception of the wedding. 

  
  There, we were glammed up by Arnel Accion of Style Gallery Salon. 





The whole preparation was documented by the talented Master of Wedding Photography Mr. Val Adonis San Diego of the VA San Diego Studio Team of Photographers and Video Editors.



St. Paul Parish was the church of choice because that was the church where we all grew up with.








We chose the theme Classic Romantic but it turned out like a Garden Themed Wedding. Still, we were not disappointed with the lush floral set up of the church and the reception hall by the renowned florists and decorators led by Glenn Estipona of the Events Library.



My sister's wedding gown was from Bridal Glitz and Glamour Designer Studio in Manila. The groom's barong was from Onesimus Manila as well. The fabulous dresses of the mothers were designed and created by Crislene Plus Dress Shop along Mabini Street, Davao City. The entourage dresses and men's barongs were rented at Wedding Bells Ecoland.


This towering 5-layer fondant cake below was baked and artistically and delicately created by Jackie Martinez of the Crafty Cakes and Cupcakes. It was heavenly delicious as well. 



Since the mother of the groom was also a master baker in Kabacan, North Cotabato, a taste of Raymund's Bakeshoppe was made available to the guests through the cupcakes that also served as souvenirs.
 


Wait there was more! Truly we were all in the events industry as the sister of the groom, Cecil Villaruz was very very crafty with her hand made the pillows that served as souvenirs to the VIPs and entourage.

 


The Events Team was of course my team of energetic, enthusiastic and attentive coordinators. Well, as much as am the best wedding planner (self-advertising ;-) ) I am also an expert at being the Master of Ceremony for different events so it is safe to say that perhaps my sister chose me to host their wedding reception because she journeyed with me throughout my emceeing career path. So here I was in this pretty coral pink corded lace dress enjoying the shared lime light with these two adorable love birds who just tied the knot that day.





And since I had the power to create fun, I made the single ladies jumped with so much fun during the tossing of the bridal flowers!


I also made my mother groove to the mash up dance mixed by the legendary DJ (also my partner in life) Norman James, while the groom and groomsmen entertained the grand opening with an upbeat mashup as well, two of them were my brothers. So basically, every one in my family has a talent for showmanship. Yes, we are all "Artistahin" in our own little way!



Other wedding suppliers that I need to mention as special thanks for making this glorious day great are the following:

Photobooth: The Red Carpet Mobile Studios
Van Rental: Henry Guiral
Makeup for Guests: Maricel Wenceslao
Accommodation: Ecoland Suites
Lechon: RPG Lechon Hauz
Balloons: Lolo Ben's Balloons

It was indeed a very beautiful wedding to remember in my family! I loved the stress of the last two weeks, the buzz in the house with so many relatives who came from far away places, the sights and sounds before and after the wedding. Truly, the occasion was a blast! Amidst all the beautiful wedding photos, this one is my favorite of all:


Minutes before heading to the church, this was the only decent photo that I had with my little daughter, Emmanuelle Michaela, before she threw a haywire of tantrums upon arriving at the church. Nope, she never walked down the aisle with mommy, she just cried herself to sleep in the nanny's arms inside the church, how perfect is that! Nonetheless, I should say it was a perfect day for my little sister who is all grown up and about to start her own family!!!

Best Wishes Raga and Congratulations Mund! We love you!


Photo credits to different owners. 





Previous
Next Post »