The Planning of a Simple Wedding

Joenary + Erlyn Wedding

Their Love Story

Joenary + Erlyn. Their love story started with a casual encounter with technology - the cellphone. They had a common friend who played cupid and exchanged their numbers and then the rest, as they say, was history.


Wedding Planning Process

We started planning for the wedding of Erlyn and Joenary on the month of June on the year 2015. They wanted to get married on December on the same year. She came to me with an estimated 100,000 pesos budget. I knew very well that it was way too small to pull off the elegant wedding that I would want them to have so I negotiated the price to prepare a buffer fund of 50,000 pesos so we can give them a simple yet classic wedding. They obliged.


The Challenges

During the planning process, there were so many challenges that took place.

The very obvious challenge is the budget. How were we going to work within the specific amount that they could afford.

But aside from the monetary restrains, the biggest challenge was the recovery of the bride from a vehicular accident that happened in the month of July.  Even with an injured leg, she was determined to walk down the aisle on her wedding day on the month of December of the same year. She didn't want to postpone it and followed through the course of treatment and series of physical therapies in a span of 5 months.


Street-wise Wedding Planner

My main strength in planning a wedding is my natural skills in bargain hunting without the quality suffering.

It is very beneficial to be a street-wise wedding planner when you are in the events industry. It is the only way you can survive such stiff competition in the market. My team has so many competitors but even with the competition there breeds the surplus amount of wedding vendors that made pricing more affordable to everyone. And because we have the connections and know-how on which places to go for the best bargain but quality deals, we nailed the budget requirements for each wedding supplier needed.

With just the specific amount of time and budget given, me and my team were able to pull off the simple wedding that they wanted. We were able to meet all the bride and groom's expectations and requests to make their wedding as flawless and as memorable as possible.


In the photo is me (in the green floral dress) and my ever reliable business partner Joan. We both planned the wedding together with the bride and groom and gave them the worth for their money.


After the reception, everyone went home happy and with all praises for me and my team. We heard so many compliments from the guests and family and relatives of the couple. Such a reward for hard work! The best and most fulfilling feeling is when the client and their families appreciate you  with all honesty for your job performance during their wedding! It is simply cloud nine!


I could not write every detail as to how we had done the wedding planning as it was. It was tedious but also fun! I could not thank my crew enough for being so flexible and hard workers the entire time! My crew had been so amazing doing so many tasks! Thank you so much guys!!!


In this photo, my team of decorators posed for a quick photo on stage. And yes, that's me in the middle. My other crew members were behind the camera or somewhere in the vicinity at the moment this picture was taken. We were a team of 10 in this wedding.

If you want to know how we were able to pull off a 100 thousand pesos budget wedding, send an email to leahjacobeweddings@gmail.com. I will gladly share you some wedding planning tips!

Happy Wedding Planning!



Previous
Next Post »